Positive Tilt Table And Hypothyroidism Connection?

WyomingGal

I am really on this thyroid kick right now, since finding out my TSH is high. I had a tilt done at Mayo in February that was positive, I lasted about 4 minutes. Although the doctor said I had mild autonomic neuropathy, as seen in the QSART, I was wondering if hypothyroidism can contribute to my poor performance, too.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Would untreated hypothyroidism cause poor performance on the tilt?

I guess I am trying to find evidence that maybe my POTS isn't as bad as I think, it is just compounded by other issues : )

Also, anyone take armour? Did your POTS symptoms get aggravated when starting medication?

I also had a positive tilt table test at Mayo this summer. And, I agree, when mine is off just a little bit I can tell my POTS is worse.

I am the very same way!! I keep thinking that my thyroid issues are just causing a lot of the problem (although I have had it removed) and I am trying to convince myself that my POTS isn't as bad as I think it is!!

I found out that I have Hashimotos in the beginning of my POTS journey. My TSH was really high and I started synthroid but couldn't tolerate it at all. As time went by, I found out I have MCAD and that helped know so I could treat that and thankfully my TSH has remained normal despite my high antibodies.