How Long Before Barium Leaves The System?

shoegal

Well if you are hydrating the way we are all supposed to do, you might not get anything white.

I hydrated really well before my barium Gastro workup and again like crazy for 24 hours after and about 2 days afterward I started to have slightly grayish BM's for almost 3 days, but they were never truly white.

Called my Gastro and he said it was because I was hydrating so well, that it was a good thing that it didn't all come out at once, white and hard.

I was worried as my dog had had a barium procedure and she drank like crazy and a day later pooped white clay and she was miserable.

I was soooo happy that didn't happen to me.

Hope this helps a little, good luck!

HI Shoegal, I had 8 bariums in 2 years, sometimes my body would react and I would get rid of it instantly and it would be white. But sometimes it would hardly have any change of color at all when it would take awhile to get rid of. They say you want to get rid of it as soon as possible since it can be toxic. I ate lots of lettuce and drank a small portion of smooth move tea. It usually helped.