Ssi Disability

Latacia

Has anyone filed or is anyone on Disability due to pots? If you don't mind me asking how long did it take for you to get it? If you have filed what stage are you in with your case? I have filed for SSI for the fist time and I listed pots plus 4 other illnesses that I have and I have been denied. I plan on fighting till the end. I filed by myself but I am going to hire someone to help either a lawyer or legal aide. If anyone knows anyone good please send me a message. I would love to go back to work put as of right now it is impossible. I was told that I could be a babysitter that is why I was denied. I can barely take care of my own so I don't know why they would think that I can take care of someone else's. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day today :)

You could be a babysitter? WOW!! I filed due to POTS and was approved, it took less than 6 months. I filed by myself but I did have the help of a friend who is a lawyer prior to applying the 1st time. POTS and recurrent syncope were my main diagnosis I guess. Hope you find a good lawyer who can help!!! I was shocked and relieved when I got my approval letter the 1st attempt. I think my friend was even a bit surprised.

Brye