What Made You So Sensitive?

JoeJack101

Anybody have any supplement or medication that literally increased your sensitivity to stuff? Like a supplement that triggered your nervous system to be more out-of-balance and more sensitive to drugs/meds/supplements overall?

I used to be sensitive and now I'm not anymore. I'm trying to figure out what originally made me so sensitive to everything for all those years ago?

Hi Joejack,

I can't think of a supplement that I was sensitive too that I took more than once or twice. I never could take gingko or drink chamomile tea. I just re-confirmed that all supplements that contain soy are out for me. I can't believe how much mucous I get from a little soy ...

I'm overly sensitive to gluten tho. BUT ... for some reason, something I started taking or some miracle happened in the last week to make me less reactive to gluten CC. B) Watch, because I said that, I'll start reacting again ... lol ..

From what I've witnessed taking any supplement or eating any food that you're intolerant of will cause your immune system to go into high gear ... hmmm, maybe that's just the ones that cause antibodies to be produced ?

hth .. d

I used to take SSRIs for depression and they made my dysautonomia symptoms ten times worse. I've heard they can be like that for the first 6 weeks or so, but I was on them for several months and still was having major side-effects. It didn't make me more sensitive to my other meds though.

I'm sensitive to dairy, but that just makes my tummy hurt, it doesn't make my main symptoms worse.

That's about all I've got :c

I don't have a specific answer, but thought I'd pipe in b/c I have such a problem with sensitivity to medications!!! I don't remember when it started, but even vitamins can make me feel wretched. Unfortunately, it's often the ones that I think I could benefit from: vitamin D, the B vitamins, magnesium, Co-Q10, and so on. No one has ever been able to offer any reason for this. When I do take meds, I take TINY bits. However, I haven't found that I'm sensitive to perfume, the usual allergens (animals, grass, etc.), cleaning products - so this doesn't make much sense.

I sometimes wonder if it's a hyper-immune reaction. I have found that when I'm feeling a bit better my body doesn't seem to react as much.

I hope you find some answers. Do you have any theories as to why you're not as sensitive now?