Florinef (Lol Again!)

I take .1 mg of Florinef. My ep-cardio has tried to raise me to .2 mg twice now. The first time I had hypokalemia symptoms. The second time my feet swelled up really bad. I don't have super low blood pressure though, so I'm still not entirely sure why he kept trying to raise it! lol. I know it can help a lot with blood pressure issues for some people though. Hope it helps you!

Hi,

I find 0.2 gives me awful headaches so my consultant has given me free reign to find the dose that works the best without the headaches on the understanding that I contact him immediately if things aren't going well.

At present I alternate my doses by taking 0.2 one day and the following day 0.1 It has stopped the headaches but at present its too early to tell if my fatigue has increased. If this doesn't work the next step is to take 0.150 (one and a half tablets) every day.

He's happy for me to keep playing around with the dose until I find one where the headaches are gone but I am getting some benefit from taking it. I have to say my night sweats which I have suffered with since 2006 have now gone since starting the florinef. Both my consultant and I think I had the sweats due to my BP dropping too low overnight whilst I slept. Who knows I am just glad they have stopped.

Rach

My son's doctor recently put him on Florinef and said that the best thing is to keep the dose very low. He put him on .05 every other day. I never heard of this dosing schedule before. I'm not sure it's working great for my son. The Florinef gives him mild headaches that he can tolerate, but yesterday he told me that the headaches are worse on the days that he DOESN'T take the Florinef.

My first go around with florinef was .1 every other day and the side effects just turned me off from the drug. The swelling was so bad in my gums that my partial would cut through them and cause severe bleeding.

This time around my doc has me doing .05 every day. The lower dose and consistency of it makes me feel like it is my miracle drug. I am almost back to my normal self with a few minor exceptions. Part of me is actually starting to think that the headaches are a little bit better than before when I was just on the midodrine :-)

718mom, it is absolutely amazing! I was on 5mg 5x a day of midodrine before the doc added the florinef. I wasn't able to keep my bp up even laying down on just the midodrine when she added it and my headaches were getting out of control. I was popping excedrin migraine every day just to get through work.

So she added a very small dose of florinef (.05 mg). I now take 5mg of midodrine at 6am, 10am, 1 pm, 4, and 7. I take the florinef with my 1pm dose. The headaches have actually gotten better. Today marks two weeks since this change started and I am probably feeling the best I have all year. I am even about to get ready to go to yoga this evening. There is still a certain amount of chest pain but it is not nearly as bad as it was without the florinef. Oh, and I don't drop like a fly when I walk out my door anymore :-)