Memory?

genie

If you have just started medications it may be a temporary side effect of the meds, and/or it also may take awhile for the medications to help you.

SOME people with NMH/POTS find improved thought clarity with increased salt intake.

Getting adequate rest is also important. I think insomnia is a problem for many POTS sufferers, and lack of sleep can contribute to mental fogginess!

Exercise, if you are up to it, will boost your brain power. Yoga is great for that, especially, I find.

I don't know if this helps. I do hope you find the medications alleviate your symptoms. It does take awhile for some of these medications to help.

Katherine

I have a friend with major cerebral spinal fluid pressure problems, and I can tell when she's having a very high pressure day by her speech. She has had multiple cranioplasties, and probably needs a shunt. Not that this is your issue, but it's an example of how various things can cause the speech to be slurred.

Yes, it can also be a side effect of meds, lack of sleep, and a number of other things. If it doesn't go away after adequate rest, hydration and nutrition, you should check with your doctor.

Nina :)

Oh, one other thing. I've started taking some supplements... NADA, aka enada. I'd taken it before but wasn't certain it helped me. However, I'm more certain at this point that it at least helps me feel more alert/less exhausted by noontime. I've been crashing each day around then, however, I took NADA today and was able to feel pretty good until about 4pm! Will see how it does tomorrow as it's a long day for me...

DHA is also supposedly something that's supposed to help with memory. At some point, I'd heard about Paracetam being useful with folks with brain disorders--it's made from a pine bark extract, I think? Have 't tried either and would be interested to hear how others have done with one or the other.

Nina