Genetic Dysautonmia

Does anyone have more info on this?

My father seems to have a lot of the same symptoms I do. He has extremely low blood pressure, tired all the time, etc... you all know the main symptoms. I just can't find a lot of info on this. It seems that since I've had this pretty much all my life that there is a likelihood that it's genetic.

Ah, the luxury of hindsight. I am convinced that both my parents had this. They did not raise me but were in the background. I had nausea for all my teen years and it was so bad that I couldn't ride in anyone else's car without vomiting--and it did happen, yuk! But if I drove, I was fine :blink: I was told my dad had the same thing. My mom apparently had a 'nervous stomach' and I have that problem to this day; I don't know what the current term is but if I have stress of any kind, I get weak and nauseous, shaky and panic. It is maddening. I wish I knew more of my parents' medical history, it would help me understand and accept this better I think. Not giving in to it, though!

My POTS is secondary to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. When I was diagnose with EDS Prof Grahame asked about my family and thought that my paternal grandmother, father and sister also have EDS.

The only person to have POTS type symptoms other than myself is my sister. She doesn't get the consistent 30 beat rise in heart rate but does get an increase in hr and is gradually experiencing symptoms like fatigue, exercise intolerance and heat intolerance. I hope for her sake that she doesn't develop full blown POTS.

Flop