What To Eat

Help please! Finally I have gotten a diagnosis of POTS but food seems to affected everything. The docs have put me on a gluten free/sugar free diet and told me to eat 6 times a day. I am from the deep South so I am totally lost! I am open to all suggestions.

I am eating lots of fruit, meat and I've found two carbs I can tolerate rice and an oatmeal cookie.

I eat rice pudding daily.

You could just leave out the sugar and just add egg and milk. The egg and milk add more protein to the rice and help it go down easier.

For fruit I eat apples, bananas, and peaches.

I'd like to add to that.

I guess as far as meats chicken, turkey and fish are supposed to be healthiest although I'm reading good things about game meats like rabbit and venison.

If you do greens that's great!!!!

Or beans and rice.

I've heard it takes about six months to get a prescribed diet going so give yourself some time and experiment.

Good luck!

How there! My whole condition seems to be dictated by what foods I eat, or don't. I'm thankful I am finding out this piece to the puzzle because it helps me a lot. Do stay away from the carbs. I feel the best when I eat a histamine free diet, with fresh foods. Fresh meats, no leftovers, with fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm from the south too so looks like you need a pot of beans with cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, cooked in homemade chicken broth. That's what I have brewing today.

How there! My whole condition seems to be dictated by what foods I eat, or don't. I'm thankful I am finding out this piece to the puzzle because it helps me a lot. Do stay away from the carbs. I feel the best when I eat a histamine free diet, with fresh foods. Fresh meats, no leftovers, with fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm from the south too so looks like you need a pot of beans with cabbage, onions, carrots, celery, cooked in homemade chicken broth. That's what I have brewing today.

The soup sounds great! Do you stay away from all carbs?

Interesting! This is my favorite gluten free bread recipe:

3 eggs

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup honey

1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon xanthan gum

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup potato starch

1/2 cup soy flour

2 cups white rice flour

1 tablespoon active dry yeast

It was the best white bread I could find. There's a different whole grain recipe that I used when I was GF.

To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference based on what I ate. Everyone's different!

I have been gluten free since forever, lol. Our biggest problem used to be food on the go. Since I have been sick, that isn't really as much of an issue. If you are interested in recipes and things, I can help you offlist if you want. There are lots of online resources, and your library will have gf cookbooks. My biggest problem now is being too sick to cook. So, we end up eating way more processed gf foods than I prefer, which can be unhealthy.