Midodrine: Skip If You Have A Headache?

I take midodrine, and a lot of it. When I have a headache, I typically skip the doses that I'd normally take because I figure it'll make it worse, since just laying down while on it causes trouble. I have had a headache nearly constantly for four days now, and have been afraid to take midodrine, especially when I'm taking painkillers. So of course I feel worse and worse each day, and if it progresses the way it has been I'll be stuck in bed by tomorrow. What do you guys do when you have headaches?

For me, Midodrine seemed to increase headaches for awhile, but it made me so much more functional I was willing to put up with the headaches. They did get better over time.

I've checked my BP repeatedly when lying down with Midodrine on board and have never had any hypertension personally. So now when I have a headache, I take my BP and if it's running lower than the parameters my cardio gave me, then I take the Midodrine anyway.

Like everything about this disease, it's all such a personal experience as to how meds work (or don't) and how they effect you.

Sorry about the 4 day headache. Those are miserable!

So far today I'm headache free and thrilled. I've been taking midodrine as usual today since I woke up without a headache.

It was such a wake up call to go without it for several days, though. I thought I had been doing better, but going without made me realize I'm still in really bad shape unmedicated.