Mayo Clinic - Fl

Has anyone been to Mayo Clinic in St Augustine FL? If so, did you like the dr's - which one? did they listen you like you thought they should? Are there any pro's/con's to going to Mayo versus Vanderbilt?

I'm having such a rough time trying to decide what to do. I've been referred to Vanderbilt but told by dr's here in FL that there really won't be anything else they can do for me even if I do go. Mayo clinic in FL would be easier for us to go to, but I remember reading there wasn't as much autonomic testing done there - I wish I could remember what couldn't be done?

I'm such a jumbled mess of so many different things going on it's confusing even to me.

What I'm hoping to get out of going to Vanderbilt or Mayo is some answers; hoping maybe they will find something the other doctor's who have seen me have missed.

Also, does anyone know of what disorder would have malignant arrhythmia's (polymorphic ventricular tachycardia) that are associated with ANS issues? The EP I saw last from the Univeristy here said he felt like that's what mine were; but I can't find that info and won't see him again for 2 months.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

The Mayo clinic in Fl is in Jacksonville just north of St. Augustine. It is close to the beach and in a nice area. I've been twice and the first time my PCP missed a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. Although we did talk about it he was doubtful but I don't really blame him. The second time I went was for excruciating abd pain & diarrhea which turned out to be a change in my IBS (which I now believe is related to my Dysautonomia). Anyway, I'm not sure how good they would be for Dys but I liked them for what I had done. They are very efficient that's for sure. Sorry I don't have more answers. You might also want to look here: http://www.mvprolapse.com/

Good luck to you!

The Mayo clinic in Fl is in Jacksonville just north of St. Augustine. It is close to the beach and in a nice area. I've been twice and the first time my PCP missed a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. Although we did talk about it he was doubtful but I don't really blame him. The second time I went was for excruciating abd pain & diarrhea which turned out to be a change in my IBS (which I now believe is related to my Dysautonomia). Anyway, I'm not sure how good they would be for Dys but I liked them for what I had done. They are very efficient that's for sure. Sorry I don't have more answers. You might also want to look here: http://www.mvprolapse.com/

Good luck to you!

thank you =) I'm going to check out the link now but I think I'm going to call and at least see what ANS issues they can diagnose and what test can be done at that facility.

I was dx at Mayo in Florida with pots. Dr. Cheshire is the only neru who will work with you on this. His bedside manners stink, but he was the only one in Florida to give me my dx. The problem is they don't treat they just dx so then you have to find a doctor on your own to treat. Dr. Cheshire told me not to research pots until I had my dx and then he would explain everything I would need to know. That did not happen I saw him for five minutes, was given my results, and that was it. This is your decision to make, I'm just telling you what to expect in Florida. If you do go there research everything you can upfront and come armed with all the questions you can think of.

Maggie