Swelling???

I don't know if this can be related to pots or if it's something new. Maybe my body is just retaining to much fuild I don't know? Anyway,I have always had some swelling in my legs,feet,hands,and arms but it seems to be getting worse. I was on toprol xl almost a month ago I stopped taking it due to my body swelling even more and my skin feeling tight. Has anyone had this problem? Do you know what it may be? Also I don't over do it on the salt it doesn't do anything for me. I see my electrocardiologist Monday so i'll talk to him about this then. Thanks!

Do you take florinef. I have a lot of swelling but I figure it's from that and the high salt diet.

Brye

Hello,no I don't take that kinda medicine and I am not on a high salt diet. Putting all the exra salt in my body doesn't help my symptoms at all.

My daughter had a swelling problem too - it was one of the first symptoms we noticed. She swelled less in the feet and lower legs and more in the center of her body. What we finally found, after 2 solid years of looking, is that her body doesn't produce epinephrine, norepinephrine and cortisol when it is under stress - any stress, physical or mental. There isn't enough norepinephrine to keep her blood vessels closed when she stands, and so when she's upright fluid leaks into her tissues. It has taken years, plus finding a terrific doctor who had suspicions and knew what to look for. She has orthostatic hypotension and her bp is always low, even on meds. But, it is so much better. She takes midodrine, dextroamphetamine, florinef, indomethacin and octreotide and a few others. Its not a cure, and her body still swells when she's hot, stressed or active, but nothing like before. She has slowly dropped almost 15 pounds of water.