Low Blood Pressure For 11 Days Now

Hello everyone.....I have had LOW blood pressure for like 11 days now....low blood pressure is not new to me but it lasting all day for so long is definitely new. 80 over 60's for like 10 days. I'm walking around like a dizzy, lightheaded, zombie. I take midodrine 5 mg 3 times a day. I drink tons of water and eat salt. Some days it will be in the 70's on top.

What could be causing this ridiculously low blood pressure. The midodrine doesn't even seem to touch it. I just took 10 mg. per my doctors suggestion. I feel it numbing, tingling my head, making my brain feel like it's going to explode so I know it's doing something in there. Yet my blood pressure is 88/60. Huh?

So my friend thinks I drink too much water. Which that is all I drink. I'm 100 pounds so I know I shouldn't be much higher but my goodness.....my quality of life is really suffering from this.

What could be causing this? I know I have some type of mast cell problem. I noticed I took the midodrine and the lump in my throat got much worse and so did my breathing. I have to wonder sometimes if the Midodrine is causing this for me.....like I'm reacting to IT or something.

I just want to make sure my sodium isn't thrown off or some crazy condition is causing this. Maybe it's the POTS, I don't know, but this is definitely new for me.

My blood pressure has dropped related to allergic reaction.

Like I got to where I could only tolerate 1 ensure per day because it was dropping my blood pressure like that to 80/60 and down to the 70's.

When I backed off the ensure it came right back up to normal so I don't know if something could be causing it that you are eating drinking or taking like meds?

I can only drink water and milk too it *****!!!!!

I am trying other things I found a corn free cream soda that has cane sugar.

And I ordered my coconut water but I've been scared to try it.

I did okay with coconut milk but I only took a little bit of it?

I am frustrated too and scared but today I actually feel halfway decent.

I keep telling myself all the foods I am eating have to ne nourishing me in some way.

Jared-

I have gone through periods like what you are describing. For me, my MCAD meds, combined with florinef, lots of extra water and salt are very beneficial. With your confirmed mastcytosis, it seems likely you are having a reaction to something... Do you have a local allergist to help you sort this out. If not, that's really important to establish a relationship with a local physician who gets this....in addition to Dr. Afrin in SC.

Too much water can be harmful IF you are not taking an adequate amount of salt with it. Can you have a local doc check your electrolytes?

Hope you feel better-

Julie