Hr Increase Just Rolling Over In Bed?

Have any of you experienced a pretty rapid increase in HR just rolling over in bed? I just noticed this recently...like I'll awaken at 3 or 4am...turn over, and I'll notice that my HR will start to race for a few seconds or so before returning to "normal". I have to assume that this is due to pooling or poor vasonconstrictive response...but who knows.

Just checking to see if anyone else gets this...

Oh yea, I posted something about that a while back! I get more of a flush when I roll, especially onto my left side. Now, keep in mind I have been on a pheo board as long as I've been on this POTS board, so I tend to consolidate alot of my information from the various personal experiences I've read about. But, quite a few of pheo people get that when they roll over in bed as it puts pressure on the tumor itself, causing a release of adrenaline. Now, if there is NO tumor anywhere, I don't know if maybe a renal artery or something else may get constricted or pressed upon, and then the adrenaline kicks in.

I have growths on each adrenal, so for me, I am leaning toward a pressure on one of those for my cause. :D

I have growths on each adrenal, so for me, I am leaning toward a pressure on one of those for my cause. :D

Sounds like a good explanation to me. I lurk on a few pheo boards because my symptoms are very pheo like. But my catecholamines aren't high enough to warrant a complete scan or further investigation. I rarely lay on my right side because it causes tachycardia and I don't breathe well in that position. Sure wish I knew why. I'd like to at least even out the wrinkles on my face by sleeping on my right side! :D

This is a pretty constant symptom for me. I have found that taking Klonopin before bed at least helps me sleep. I used to wake up a lot more during the night. I do not have a pheo although that was my fist diagnosis because my urine tests were positive mutiple times.