Persistent Numbness Pins/needles

I am having persistent pin/needles numbish type feelings that are not going away and it's scaring me! It lasts for hours and then I become unaware of it because I'm dealing with the kids. Then I notice it again. It's worse on my face, neck, throat....I can feel it just a bit in my hands. My husband was helping me stretch my shoulders this morning and it traveled down my arm. I don't know what to do about this!!! If I take my head and try to stretch out my neck it makes it MUCH worse. I can feel it stretching out to more places on my face and I could even feel it in my mouth this morning after I stretched my neck. SOMEBODY HELP OR ADVISE!!!

Guest tearose

You may be experiencing some "neuritis" but after five days, untll you get a dx on any new symptoms, it is best to see your doctor.

I had trigeminal neruitis for about a year and now I am over it for the most part.

take care,

tearose

Not sure if this may ease you but I have had pins and needles in my left wrist and hand since march 19th precisly. I have also been getting pins and needles in the back of my head. MRI showed minimal bone spurs and hypertrophy uncinate but nothing that would be causing this. Am off to London Hosp on Friday for pysio and am going to ask them as they probably know ,more than my doc.

Really do hope it goes soon for you as it can be a worry :)

Hi Godsgal,

I definitely would see your doctor. I have not heard of this symptom yet in connection to POTS (but I'm no expert by any means), and I would go see your neurologist. I hope that you can get in soon and that it's nothing serious. Of course, a lot of neurological issues directly affect us here. I have small fiber neuropathy with pain, tingling and numbness, but that's usually in your feet and hands.

God bless,

Jana

Jared, I'm sorry to hear this. I have had feelings of numbness/pins and needles on my face (especially upper cheeks) and my forearms and hands. I have no idea what causes it, but it was much worse when I was having the on-going low-grade anaphyalxis and not taking MCAD meds. In case it's an indication of anaphylaxis, have you tried taking 50 mg Benedryl to see if it gets better?