Florinef Stopped Working?

Need some advice regarding Florinef. My Cardio started me on Florinef a few weeks ago...I started on .1mg and started getting really low HR (40's) and wicked headaches a few days later. However, it totally resolved the morning tachycardia...only minor increases in HR upon arising. Anyway, I backed off the dosage and have been slowly working my way back up. Recently, I'm getting the sense that my body has adjusted to the Florinef, and while I'm no longer getting headaches, I'm also experiencing more tachycardia in the morning (60's supine to 90's standing).

For those taking Florinef, does your body adjust to it and compensate via other mechanisms to limit its impact? I'm going to continue to titrate up to .1mg...but I'm fearful that it might not be working effectively anymore. Or maybe I need to give it more time....any advice is appreciated.

I am having the same thoughts as you... When I first took Florinef it definitely helped lower my resting heart rate (I have sinus tachycardia as well) and with tachycardia generally, but now doesn't seem to be helping with these issues anymore. I am also keen to hear if anyone else is having/has had similar issues.

For me, it still seems to be helping with the dizziness and pre-syncope feeling, but not sure if it is worth taking a corticosteroid for just these symptoms when I have so many others. Then again, maybe I've just forgotten how bad I felt before taking it!

Yes I experienced this too. I have no idea why, but after a while florinef doesn't do anything for me other than make me waste too much potassium. Then I have to take RX potassium pills and it's a vicious cycle for me. My aldosterone was low and I really do not feel any difference when I'm on it...It doesn't even raise my BP much, maybe 5 points. I take it mostly just in the summer because I sweat a lot more and lose more salt through perspiration. I figure it should help retain a little bit more sodium.

Starting on .1mg all at once must have been terrible! I've had bad florinef headaches. You were smart to back off and titrate up again. That's what I do too and helps to keep the headaches and weird feelings to a minimum.

I saw an Endo this morning and he wants me to stop Florinef for two weeks to perform some tests on the adrenals. I'm not so sure I want to revert back to dizziness/anxiety for 2 weeks, but at this point, I'm not sure how much the Florinef is really helping anyway. Ugh.

Just an update on this...I tried stopping Florinef in lieu of Midodrine...and started feeling worse. Midodrine would definitely raise my diastolic (xx/90 or so), but I couldn't stand the skin crawling, tingling, etc. Just reminded me more that I'm having autonomic issues...I'll take a headache here/there over that. Also, pulse was much higher...lot's of hot flashes...still high HR in the morning...just felt awful. So, I've started back on .05mg - .075mg Florinef...since it seems to make me feel better than Midodrine and lasts longer.