Menstrual Cycles Uncontrollable W/ Bc

Hi friends!

I've been on the patch for about 3 months and it's been the only birth control method since I got pots to manage my menstrual cycle. Otherwise, I have it like, every day. Don't worry, I got my insides poked at, and they're all clear.

But every time I start a new one it works for a little while (last time a month, this time 3 months) and then it doesn't work anymore. I just have my period anyways, regardless of the method. Not spotting, mind you, like an actual flow.

anyone have this issue? they said if it didn't stop I could get an IUD but I'm 21, so I would rather not.

Okay, that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing good :D

I always had abnormal bleeding. BC never seemed to regulate my cycles- just made it worse. An IUD REALLY made it worse.

Do you have EDS or Joint Hypermobility Syndrome? That seems to be a common issue for those of us with it. Also have you been worked up for Von Willibrands?

Don't have a lot to offer. Just had a bad time with it, until I had a hysterectomy at 44.

Sorry you're struggling with this.

I could never tolerate birth control. I don't know how to help you. When I was going through perimeno, I was flooding awfully, so ended up getting a uterine ablation. But, I wish a doctor would have tested me for anemia. I didn't discover it until a few years later when I asked to have a ferritin level checked. It was real low, so went on iron for a little while to bring it up. So, I guess what I am rambling about is, be sure and stay on top of your CBC's and ferritin levels.

I have also had horrible cycles - metomenorhagia is the medical term meaning many and heavy. BCPs always made them worse, tried all kinds - estrogen, estrogen and progestin, progestin alone. After two surgeries for fibroids, I finally figured out estrogen dominance/progesterone deficiency was likely to blame. Had already been on progesterone cream from a compounding pharmacy and when I figured out the right dosing schedule, within 1 month, I was able to get off my current 3 year rollarcoaster ride of hemorrhaging. An endo, my OB/BYN and PMD didn't figure it out -- A NP who gave a talk on natural hormones suggested I alter my dosing and it worked!

had problems for years and years having cycles on and off without any pattern, up to three times a month and finally decided to try an hormonal iud which helped a LOT. after some time it made my "cycles" stop which made my life a lot easier!!!