Muscle Twitching

jbenz1772

Wondering who out there may be going through intermittent muscle twitching?? For me it is usually the thigh or upper arm,(sometimes the abdomen) but the last three weeks its been my upper left eye lid and it's driving me insane. I had this happen last summer for about a month that preceded one of my worst flare ups that led to my diagnosis. Is there anything that can stop this???

Thanks,

Jennifer

I get twitching and muscle cramps and it can be anything from annoying to very painful. Mine is worst when I'm not hydrated enough. Are you drinking enough? Has the weather turned warmer making you more prone to dehydration? You also may want to have your calcium checked. Mine runs low. But I'm a newbie, so I'm hoping someone else comes along with advice.

I get these tremors at night too. I can be awake watching tv in bed or sound asleep where they wake me up. Sometimes they are more like "jerking". It could be my shoulders, an arm, a foot, a leg, thigh etc. I just had an EEG done two days ago. They are looking to see if I might have "night seizures".

((hugs))

Dixie

I don't have any advice - but I do have this as a newer symptom - it began one day as I watched in amazement at all my toes moving around on their own - unable to stop them - so weird --- my friends told me to paint them like people and do a utube video for fun! Then came my infamous now left thumb - it started with rather large twitches - now they are finer twitching - but the annoying part is that it never ever stops anymmore - it's a constant - I really don't like that at all. It doesn't hurt but it's annoying as heck to have your hands moving on their own. Blessings to you! I think the bigger jerks as you nod off to sleep are common and not an issue - except for me - this happened when I was in the MRI tube after taking an Ativan to relax - my legs were jerking often and I couln't make them stop - ridiculous - probably I was just beginning to doze - myoclonus I think it's called!