Calluses And Eds

Do any of you with EDS have issues where you DO NOT make calluses?

The bottoms of my feet have always been so soft, even as a teenager going barefoot with karate. I would never be able to grow calluses, the skin was so soft it would rip and tear off my toes. Even now with blisters from burns or wear, they don't callus over, they stay soft and the skin just tears.

I have been told by my PT that I probably do have some sort of connective tissue disorder because of "freakish" flexibility. I don't have stretchy skin or dislocations either, but I am very bendy.

You foiled me by starting a new thread as I typed my answer, so a cut and paste from another thread...

Yes, I get this. The skin on my feet is very soft and tears easily if I get a blister. Very annoying in summer because if I wear shoes without socks, I end up with cuts everywhere and there is no such thing as "getting used to" a pair of shoes.

I've been told I have EDS3 plus signs of another connective tissue disorder (Marfans/not sure what!) I think it is just unfortunate genetics since my father has EDS and my mother is hypermobile and has poor quality connective tissue too.

We have an "unknown connective tissue disorder" and Mack & I make lovely callouses :rolleyes: However, he's had all of the skin fall off of his feet a few times- like after soccer camp...before we realized he was ill.

Julie