Sleep Studies

I had a sleep study done a few years ago. It showed reduced DEEP SLEEP- forget if their was a technical term for this. But the Dr. didn't really follow up with me or offer suggestions (typical unfortunately). I know poor quality sleep is either a partial cause of the symptoms or a result of my dysautonomia. Let us know what happens with your results. :)

I haven't had a study as of yet but I have thought it may be a good idea but I've had so many tests I hate bringing it up at doc. appointments. I wake up gasping for air and have this reoccuring feeling like something is blocking my throat it wakes me every night.I know I do not snore but something must be going on,like I forget to breath when asleep I have always had this since I can remember...any thoughts.

Lissy

My son had a sleep study done and was diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome. They wouldn't treat him though, because they didn't know what the medications would do to his POTS. They sent him to a sleep psychologist who assumed his insomnia and weird sleep patterns could be fixed by behavioral changes. The sleep psychologist didn't understand dysautonomia or POTS, so I stopped taking him there and wasting our time.

Since seeing this topic I have looked into Central Sleep Apnea and I believe theres a 95% chance I have this.Even before I got seriously affected by dys. I had those apnea symptoms and I am wondering if autonomic problems cause this or does apnea cause autonomic problems? I haven't been able to find to any articles on this causing low blood pressure (*more so high pressure problems)???

Also one of my main symptoms is EXTREME Fatigue does anyone have apnea and use the cpap or the other machine and feel more alert and have more energy?This would be wonderful if I could relief that symptom.

Lissy