Do Any Of You Limp?

jbenz1772

Hi all,

Still trying to get a handle on what is POTS and what is not!?! I frequently have 2 different gaits. One is a limp that comes on with the numbness in my right leg from knee down. My parasthesia's usually start as an "icy/hot" feeling on patches of my skin. 50% of the time where that feeling start turns into muscle twitches or cramps then numbness. Kind of feels like I have a thick 2nd skin/glove over my arm or leg. My second gait is more of a both legs feel heavy and exhausted just trying to get myself to my destination walk.

Also do any of you wake up with your arms completely asleep? This happens to me several times a night during a "flare-up". Which to say the least is most nights. Like I need anything more to add to my fatigue.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer-

I get episodes when my legs feel heavy and wooden and it's hard to walk, especially if I try to hurry. I haven't had the limp.

I also get lots of weird tingling/numbeness in my arms. It is especially pronounced when I try to raise my arms above my head, but was happening a lot at night last summer. Sometimes I would feel like I couldn't sleep because the discomfort from the arm tingling was so great and drove me nuts.

Don't know if this helps at all.

No limp, but like Sarah said I get a heavy legged feeling as well, which does make it very hard to walk. It's a really weird feeling. I also get burning sensations in my feet (really like they are on fire) --usually only at night when laying down. And a big YES to my arms falling asleep in my sleep. I wake up and they are completely dead like you described. Not a good feeling.

Jennifer

I often used to wake at night after something hit me in the face, only to find that it was a completely lifeless arm that had whacked me as I rolled over in my sleep. It usually took a few minutes of shaking and massaging to start getting any feeling back, and it was painful.... It stopped when I started getting treatment from a physiotherapist and an osteopath. Now, at the first sign of numbness or tingling in my hands (or neck soreness or soreness at the back of my head), I make appointments with my bodyworkers. Works like a charm for me.

Dianne

Yeah. I can't count the amount of times I've woken up with completely dead arms in the night. The worst is when I'm laying on my back (propped up by pillows though) and both arms are completely dead without even laying on them. It's weird when I 'pick up' the dead arm at night when the other one is ok and it just whacks me in the face or something.

I also get the tingling, cold burn etc. Sometimes my feet feel like they're made out of playdough when I'm trying to walk. Not too often though.