Pots And Exercise

Janey

I've been off the forum for a bit because I've been feeling a lot better, almost normal... until the past few days.

Thanks to feeling a bit better I joined a gym and started to do a bit of walking on a treadmill and some cycling on the lying down bike. I thought it was all going well but the past few days when I have finished my (very small) workout I have felt awful.

I have posted before about an adrenalin rush I oocasionally get in the middle of the night. I wake up randomly, have diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, my pupils are super-dilated, BP drops and my heart is pounding in my chest. I also feel like I am above my body just watching it all play out. Anyway, I now have this feeling AFTER going to the gym.

Does anybody have an idea of what these two things could be? If I can get it while I'm asleep and also after I've done (comparatively) strenuous exercise, what can it be?

I don't know what is causing it, but your description of being 'above my body and watching it all going on' is me. I felt that way for three years. After I got on doxepin/salt/fluids/Armour I felt a little better and started back to the gym as well, but this time with gentle yoga. Even at that, there were many times when I would start the class and get that same feeling and I got up and left. And I mean MANY times. Very gradually, I was able to tolerate a full class. So I wonder if maybe your workouts, while very small as you say, really are a little too much right now. Or maybe the wrong type? I thought the same about myself, how could this little bit be too much? But it was. Try backing off a little and I hope this helps you. I understand how frustrating it is to have relapses.