Hope

GApotsie

For the past few months, I have felt so isolated and alone with this battle. My husband sees the agony and really understands this is bigger than the average diagnosis. While I have some great friends, family, and church members, they do not have any idea how complicated my health issues are. They constantly ask, "Are you over that stuff yet?" I know they mean well, but I don't exactly have a stomach bug or the flu.

In the past week, I have been blessed to find a few groups of wonderful people that GET IT! I am so thankful! I have always been the "life of the party" so to speak, and to be down and low without anyone who understands, can really way heavy on a person.

While I am still struggling, I feel like there is HOPE! Thank you friends!!

There is always HOPE. Even for an old timer like me!! lol. Some people will get it, some won't. Mostly they will adjust to the new you, and you will as well. I have been like this since I can remember, so I am very comfortable in this skin (not giving up though). So, I can't imagine what a dramatic change it must be to be healthy one day, and sick the next. Maybe you can hand out those brochures that DINET makes? But meanwhile, glad you are hopeful and have a supportive hubby! That is awesome!!! This is a great, smart and supportive group :) Have a good weekend!!

{{{hugs}}} Welcome to your new home away from home. These forums have become a lifeline for me. My daughter is the one with DYS. We have figured out so much and have been able to talk to her doctor intelligently based on information we have found here and through medical research noted through the site and googling some of the terms we have come across. BTW, we are neighbors in Alabama. May you be blessed with great connections and wisdom because of these forums.

Robin