Sweat Test

abetterjulie

So, I got the prep papers for the sweat test I am having on Saturday. They are a little scary! I have to take extra underwear and 2 sets of washcloths/towels? I can't use any lotions, which means I won't bathe because I am so dry and miserably itchy otherwise.

What are they going to do to me that I need extra underwear, haha?

Seriously...what can I expect? No one has told me.

Hey abetterjulie,

I've had the same sweat test w/ the same Dr you see... I'll pm you. While it's not exactly fun, it's nothing to get worried about. No needles or pain... just discomfort from the heat. And you'll definitely need someone to drive you cause you will be tired afterward. Look for my message...

dizzyde

Hey abetterjulie,

I've had the same sweat test w/ the same Dr you see... I'll pm you. While it's not exactly fun, it's nothing to get worried about. No needles or pain... just discomfort from the heat. And you'll definitely need someone to drive you cause you will be tired afterward. Look for my message...

dizzyde

Awesome! Thanks. :)

Hi,

I just wanted to say good luck to you Saturday. I just had the test last Tuesday along with the Tilt Table and the Qsart. The test itself really isn't so bad, not painful. I reached temperature in less than 30 min. They come in and check your temp every 10 min and do a body check to look for color change in the orange powder. The heat does get long and exhausting, just try to meditate and take yourself away in your mind. Afterwards I was really exhausted and it seemed to increase my symptoms for the following week. Drink lots of water.

Let us know how you did,

Jennifer