Blood Pressure When Exercising?

Nikki

I just did 15 minutes of light cardio on my Wii. I took my blood pressure when I was finished since I was feeling a little more dizzy & having some shortness of breath. I got a reading of 156/136 and 112 beats. Now, I know the top isn't that bad for doing some exercise..but the bottom seems pretty high to me. Is that normal for people with dysautonomia? Everything I read says the diastolic shouldn't change a whole lot, or possibly 15mm at most. Mine is normally in the 60's or low 70's..My blood pressure is normally all over the place but when it gets that high, I feel just as bad as when it's low..Does anyone else have this happen?

Well, about 10 minutes later it was 112/90 and my heart rate when up to 130. When I laid down for a bit it went down to my normal 100/70 and 70-some beats. I was just wondering cause a lot of people told me anything under 200 for the systolic is fine, but that's usually not the number that goes crazy for me lol.

Were you well hydrated when you exercised? When I get orthostatic my BP goes up as well as my HR. Maybe you should try exercise in the lying down position. There is a thread started on Exercise by yuliya if you'd like to check it out. I hope you do much better the next time you exercise. Personally, I would not like my diastolic number as high as yours was...did you take it manually or on a machine?