Anyone Had A Pet Scan?

HelpPOTS

Dr. is writing a script for a PET scan of the brain. I have had severe cognitive impairment suspected of poor blood flow or a metabolic problem (worse then brain fog. Does anyone know the specifics, like does this show how much blood flow you are getting to your brain? Does it show how poorly or well you are thinking?

Google PET scan and you will get some good explanations on it. I had a whole body PET scan yesterday as they were looking for cancer as an underlying cause of my autonomic neuropathy.What they were looking for were hot spots on films showing the cancer. BTW-My results came back negative which is great, but we still don't know what caused my dysautonomia. We think viral to date.

Dr. is writing a script for a PET scan of the brain. I have had severe cognitive impairment suspected of poor blood flow or a metabolic problem (worse then brain fog. Does anyone know the specifics, like does this show how much blood flow you are getting to your brain? Does it show how poorly or well you are thinking?

Please let us know what you find out about this, I am very interested. You are lucky to have a Dr. that is willing to do this for you.

My husband had one several years ago. It does not trace your blood flow and it cannot tell anything about what your thinking. Basically it looks for high concentrations of sugars in the body "hot spots." This is a test for metabolic issues.