Snow Day Sanity

Brye

4-6 inches of snow and tomorrow will be the 3rd snow day here. Friday is not looking good either. Please share you're low energy kid activities with me. We're about Wii Fried and my energy is running out. Getting 4 kids ready to play in the snow is WAY more than I can take. All you parents out there please respond with some of your favorites. We pulled out the Christmas clearance gingerbread houses today. We may be forced to clean the house if we don't come up with another fun indoor activity. Help!!!

Thanks!

Brye

Hey Brye!

Sorry you are having such lousy weather. Getting that many kids dressed to go play in the snow is definitely a work out for sure! I am not sure of the ages of your kids but I have one suggestion that I used to do with my boys as fun indoor activity/snack all at the same time. I would get out some white paper (butcher paper works great) and tape it to the table length wise. Then I would get out some water color paints (or non-toxic markers) and we would draw an ocean in the middle with a "beach" on both sides for each boy. We would color it in adding starfish on the beach etc. Then I would get out a bag of Goldfish crackers, a small serving a peanut butter for each boy and pretzels rods. We would put the Goldfish in the "ocean" and then our pretzel rod would be our fishing pole and the peanut butter was our bait. Dip the pretzel in the peanut butter and Go Fish! My boys LOVED this and would spend like 2 hours with it! They loved to have friends over and show them how to fish too! Hope you can try it because your kids will love it!

KC

Perfect KC! Thanks so much for sharing. That'll be good for a while! My kids are 8,7,4,3. Perfect fishing age and they love PB and goldfish!!! We live in Arkansas and we're not used to such long stretches of snow days. Last big stretch was 2 years ago when the power was out 8 days. I'm thankful at least the lights are still on!!!

THANKS!

Brye