Meeting People?

Nikki

So I am having a really rough time now. My symptoms have been really bad recently and I've been pretty much stuck in bed for a good part of the day, for the past week. Another problem is my fianc?'s family is in town. Some of which I haven't met before and he really wants me to meet them..He's really understanding normally about me not feeling well and not being able to do things but since his family is only here once a year, they seem insistent on this happening - tomorrow.

The thing is, my fianc? and I see each other a lot and on my bad days he tells me I look miserable and not good because of how bad I feel and suggests we go lay down. I don't want to be meeting some of his family for the first time, feeling so so dizzy, having stabbing chest pains..and just looking white as a ghost and run down. I'm just not in the mood to make happy small talk when I feel like passing out just standing..But I don't know when I should push myself anyway, or give my body a rest.

Has anyone ever been in this position..What do you do?

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Is your fiancee's family aware of your diagnosis? If they are, they should be empathic about how you are feeling and not force the issue. If they are adament about seeing you, make it a very short visit that you can tolerate such as an hour more or less if need be. Do you have any time during the day you feel better? Schedule the time with them at that time even if it is an hour or less. I would not hesitate to be sitting or laying down on the couch in their presence. I have had friends and family who were persist about visiting when I wasn't feeling well so I visited with them laying down on the couch. I actually told them to help them self to the refrigerator if they wanted something to drink or eat. I actually have planned visits knowing my best times of the day. Mornings and late afternoons are the best for me. You could always have carry out foods/drinks brought in for the short time. It sounds like you have a wonderful fiancee and I am sure he is willing to help out with his family. Good luck and will keep you all in my prayers.:)

Yeah, the do know about my health but they still seem to be forcing it lol..I'll be talking to my fiance early in the day and hopefully we can come to some agreement. I guess I just feel strange having to possibly be laying down in front of people that I've never even met before. I feel okay doing it in front of my own family and people close to us cause they fully understand what it's like for me..but I just feel uncomfortable if it's someone else. Guess that's something we just have to get used to though if it comes to that. :-/ Thanks for responding. :)