Do You Get This

so i had a very bad episode in july and august. then my symptoms seemed to disapear, for the most part. i felt 80 percent better than i have the year and a half prior to july.

its now january but starting in december i started getting bad heat intolerance. ive had this before but now it comes with pins and needles all over my body and they are very strong. this hadnt happened before.

i was wondering if this sensation is just another day at the POTS academy or if i should show extra concern. anyone have this?

so i had a very bad episode in july and august. then my symptoms seemed to disapear, for the most part. i felt 80 percent better than i have the year and a half prior to july.

its now january but starting in december i started getting bad heat intolerance. ive had this before but now it comes with pins and needles all over my body and they are very strong. this hadnt happened before.

i was wondering if this sensation is just another day at the POTS academy or if i should show extra concern. anyone have this?

Mine started around 2005...at least to the point where I could not ignore it anymore. I am assuming mine Is at it's worst during the heat and in Texas at this time of year it may get up to 80 degrees or down in the teen's so I have not really paid attention to see if weather is a factor. I do get tingling sensations in my legs,feet,and hands with a feeling like the ground is uneven and I am off balance. It is a weird feeling like I am drunk but have not been drinking. I have not had long periods of remission just short ones of maybe a week or two or just a day or days.

I am new to this Dysautonomia thing and can not give you much advice but I would definitely see your Doctor if concerned at all. LOL, I'm still trying to figure out what my Doctor is trying to tell me. See my discussion in the forums for Dysautonomia,POTS, or what for the symptoms I have. Best of luck!

Billiam

yeah i get the drunk feeling. feeling off balance and my vision is all sketchy. but the pins and needles doesnt necessarily go hand in hand with the drunk feeling.

I kinda know what you are talking about now,right before I had an attack of sweating I got a sensation similar to pins and needles but not quite the same . I can not really describe it because to me the pins and needles are a little more painful. I had an attack of sweating last night, it started with dizziness then a weird sensation of very mild like stinging then the dry/sticky mouth, nausea,claminess, and sweating. My attack what ever it's called wasn't that severe last night but I have had them before were I was hugging the toilet like a drunk and dripping sweat onto the floor in puddles and my clothes were soaked. Also during the summer I am the only one sweating profusely. My problem is I guess I ignore the synptoms before hand and try to carry on until it hits me square in the face. I am now starting/trying to stage symptoms with events for the Doctors. Also so I can curtail them if possible. Before I just tried to man up/Soldier up and go on feeling like total crap, now I feel like a weenie at times because sometimes I just can't do it anymore. Hang in there!

Billiam

yeah i dont have bad episodes anymore (for now anyways) what ive been told is that if you have pots for no real specific reason(i guess one they cant find) that it usually goes away in 2-5 years in about 50 percent of people with this problem. im working on 2 years and ive gotten tremendously better since the first year. so mabey it will just take more time for myself.

its odd i dont sweat alot but one thing that all of my doctors have asked me about was if i sweat alot.

hhmmm mabey you should mention that to your doc's.