So Confused

gdomaracki

Hi all! Hope everyone is well and keeping the nasty flu germs away. So, Ive been having problems with fluctuating blood pressure and heart rate. After coming off prednisone I had to increase my florinef to half tablet cause my bp wasnt staying up at all. That was a few weeks ago, and I felt better for a bit and then my bp starting running high. (heart rate was really good though) So on Saturday I went back down to 1/4 tablet of florinef. First day was good, second was good too, but now Im at the third day and my heart rate is back up while my blood pressure is normal now. I dont know what to do at this point and any input would be wonderful. Should I go back up on the florinef or is my body just adjusting to a lower dose??

I also had a question about low blood sugar, mine has been well controlled until the prednisone. Now I get these spells where it drops low for no reason. Even after Ive eaten a hour before and I only eat whole grains, low sugar, etc. Anyone else get this? Does this mean Im getting diabetes? (my blood sugar is never high)

Sorry to ramble, my mind is running in circles trying to figite out this mess.

-Nicole

Balancing the meds seems to be a chronic issue for me too. Too much beta blocker and I'm having one set of issues, too much midodrine causes another. I was put on 1/2 tablet of Florinef every other day and so far that seems to be working for me.

I'd tend to think you should call your doctor. Coming off Prednisone can be tricky and I would think it could mess with your system a bit and might take it awhile to get straightened out.... like any of us ever have a system that ran straight to begin with. lol Since all of us are so different, your doctor would probably be the best one to help you figure this out.

Good luck!

My sugars are dropping too and I don't know why.

My diet is poor but there are days when I take a dip every hour.

My blood sugars also don't have to be way low to get symptoms.

My mom explains it that the pancreas sends out a hormone when she goes down she gets the double arrow on her continuous glucose monitoring device.

Thank god for that.

She is diabetic.

She had too lows in the night one 48 another 60 and she had eaten a bedtime snack.

The one night I stayed here she seizured hers got so low

and we gave her glucagon and called the squad.

That was prior to having the monitor.

I find when mine drops a couple bites of yogurt help bring it up. I am still experimenting.