Tachycardia, Mostly At Night

Darlene

I have tachycardia, comes all of a sudden at any time, mostly at night, i was put on a beta blocker, metaprolol, i lost lots of hair, now just started taking coreg,I guess its ok, but been feeling funny lately, like I am not getting enough blood to my brain, bu have always felt that way anyway, well, I have low BP already, wouldnt the beta blocker I take for tachycardia make this worse? and is there a bete blocker that does not cause hairloss, or lower your bp to much, but work for tachycardia. And does anyone else experience seeing tv like snow at night, or rapidly moving tiny pin point sparks of light when looking at the sky or a white wall. Dr.s say my vision is good, then what causes this? Stairing at the computer screen.

And does anyone get sick when eating dairy products or eggs? I feel so nauseated after eating certain foods. I don't know what to eat.

I get exactly the same, the tachycardia and the theings you get with vision. I also have very low blood pressure.

My doctor tried to put me on ALpha blockers and then they realised that'd lower my blood pressure even more. So maybe your doctor made a mistake?

I'm on midodrine which is an alpha antagonist. It helps a lot and the only side effect I have experienced is shivers and brain fog- which I get anyway from my POTS.