Tilt Table Test Results

MamaTrain

Hello!

Got my TTT done yesterday. It was a good experience overall. I did not pass out and I wasnt worried about that at all. I was raised up about 20 mins after lying there getting hooked up and waiting for Dr. Arden to come in. They tilted me and initially I was like I dont think anything is happening but then I felt the wave coming and I told them I felt it coming and it came on real good too! I went from 72 to 147. I did not do it right away, it took like 10 or more minutes but when it came it didnt stop for a long time. I did not have a drop in B/P but it wasnt real high either. Finally after 40 mins she was like let's put her down and get her some fluids. I did have my legs and hands go numb. I had never had that before but I guess I can move around at home so maybe that's why I have never experienced that at home. It was very odd feeling cause I'm trying to stand but I can not feel my feet or my calves! LOL! She lifted up my pants and said that is what POTS legs look like to the nurse whom she was trying to educate on autonomic disorders. I cant say I am "happy" about it but I am relieved that it did show something. Now we go to a new treatment plan of taking a very low dose beta blocker and the usual fluids, salt, compression hose and so on. Well, that's my TTT story and I'm sticking to it! :P

KC

Wow, that's quite an increase in HR. Congrats on having that behind you!!! I am very happy that your TTT showed your autonomic irregularities. Sorry it firms up your DX, but glad to have the truth brought to light.

Julie

Thank you Julie! I was very surprised by how much it went up and how it didn't do it real quick. I wonder if that means I'm getting "better"as it used to shoot up like the second I stood up when this all started 2 years ago. I am relieved to have competent care now and to have the "official" dx...however it did give me that sinking feeling later that day that now I cant blame it on anything else! :(

Have a great weekend!

KC

Thank you Julie! I was very surprised by how much it went up and how it didn't do it real quick. I wonder if that means I'm getting "better"as it used to shoot up like the second I stood up when this all started 2 years ago. I am relieved to have competent care now and to have the "official" dx...however it did give me that sinking feeling later that day that now I cant blame it on anything else! :(

Have a great weekend!

KC

Who knows if it means you are getting better? I hope so :) . Seems like so many here have variable results on multiple TTT's. They are almost like a snapshot of how you are at that moment.

My son was also drained after his TTT. He barfed & fainted at the same time and received 2 bags of IV immediately after- one in each arm. We laughed as they brought breakfast to him in the recovery room- are you kidding??? he wasn't able to eat till much later that day. Feeling drained is normal following a TTT. Hope you are starting to perk up today.

Julie