Question About Tilt Table Test

MamaTrain

I'm set to have my tilt table test on Tuesday morning and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insights to what transpires. I have been told they give you an IV but not sure exactly why. I figured the saline solution would be good after that but not sure if they give you any medications for what. I am not scared (actually excited to have someone taking me seriously) but I am one that likes to know what's going to happen. I have never passed completely out during any of my episodes so I'm not expecting to on the TT. Look forward to hearing your responses! Thanks!

KC

I'm set to have my tilt table test on Tuesday morning and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insights to what transpires. I have been told they give you an IV but not sure exactly why. I figured the saline solution would be good after that but not sure if they give you any medications for what. I am not scared (actually excited to have someone taking me seriously) but I am one that likes to know what's going to happen. I have never passed completely out during any of my episodes so I'm not expecting to on the TT. Look forward to hearing your responses! Thanks!

KC

I was told by the nurse that all they do is put you a table and then stand you up for 10min. I asked if they would be any IV's and the nurse said no. I have never had one and I don't really know, just going by what the nurse said on the phone. Maybe she has no idea. I will let you know on Tuesday :)

Good luck with the TTT!! Hopefully they'll do the full 45 minute version as that's the standard I think.

My first TTT was done locally. No one told me I wasn't supposed to move, so I think I cheated a bit. I mean, it's just not normal to stand there and not try to flex your muscles, or wiggle your toes or SOMETHING when you start feeling bad! :lol: And since they had put a blanket over me, they didn't see it. So I made it 37 minutes although the POTS part showed up in the first 10. Then at 37 everything plummeted severely. It was ugly.

They did start an IV for me just "as a precaution". Neither here nor at CC did they give me any drugs for the test. Once my BP went into the 30's over 20's (actually they couldn't find it for quite awhile) they did pump in a lot of saline.

I was wiped out for several days afterward but I had a pretty severe reaction and ended up in observation for 6 hours after all 3 TTT. Hopefully you'll be JUST dramatic enough to get a good diagnosis but not bad enough to be wiped out. :P

Let us know how it goes!!!