Compression Stockings Vs. Allergy

shanying418

Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question--has anyone of you tried compressions stocking and get allergy at the back of your knees? I am having this problem which is a bit of a bad news because wearing compression stockings does help... :( What do you guys do? I'm using fluocinonide right now but I know I can't use it for long.... Abdominal binder didn't help me--it made me more nauseated and that's why we switched to compression stockings....

Hi Shan - I have found that my legs get very itchy when I wear compression stockings, which limits their effectiveness for me too. I don't know if it's allergy, but I have always had very sensitive skin. I try to wear them sparingly, in case it is a reaction that would increase circulating vasodilators, and kind of undermine any benefit they have.

Hey, yes I have had the allergy behind the knee from the compression stockings. I asked my dermatologist about it and she said its severely dry skin. She had given me a prescription for it - a cream to put on - but I never filled it, I just got some stuff from the health food store that cleared it up right away. I think it was called "psoriaflora". I would just try a really moisturizing lotion. Its not much to worry about unless its making you uncomfortable - I hardly noticed mine. I hope this helps!

Hey, yes I have had the allergy behind the knee from the compression stockings. I asked my dermatologist about it and she said its severely dry skin. She had given me a prescription for it - a cream to put on - but I never filled it, I just got some stuff from the health food store that cleared it up right away. I think it was called "psoriaflora". I would just try a really moisturizing lotion. Its not much to worry about unless its making you uncomfortable - I hardly noticed mine. I hope this helps!

Tks! Mine was pretty bad... A lot of red dots and it's annoying. I was guessing it's b.c of my compression stockings keep sliding down but I don't really know. I'll try the lotion. Hope that helps cuz I think compression stockings do help and it's bad that I can't wear it right now.