Homemade Gatorade

skyblu

I have the same problem; allergic to the high fructose corn syrup etc. So I make my own by adding 1 teaspoon sea salt to 2 L water. I have occasionally used 2 tsp salt, but it made me swell up. Sometimes I chase it with some juice for taste. I like your idea of the orange juice. My doctor at CC said it is best to get potassium from foods, so I usually eat a banana every day, I don't supplement the drink. But I am still not clear on how to get enough potassium! Apparently it's dangerous to take too much, so I don't push it.

Well I tried a mix of orange juice, water and salt. I think it'll do the trick although I find the orange juice to be a little too sweet even diluted with water. But OJ does have lots of Potassium so I guess it should work as well as the Gatorade. The only advantage of Gatorade is you can take it with you everywhere.

Well I tried a mix of orange juice, water and salt. I think it'll do the trick although I find the orange juice to be a little too sweet even diluted with water. But OJ does have lots of Potassium so I guess it should work as well as the Gatorade. The only advantage of Gatorade is you can take it with you everywhere.

Glad this mixture is helping you. One thing I've done which has helped is to dilute G2 by half. You could consider saving a few bottles and trying that when out and about.

Sky- this may not be what you are looking for but V8 works best for me. I drink small cans and water. I also carry nuun tablets with me. Gatorade just doesn't have enough of what I seem to need and it has a lot of junk in it. I drink V8 before I get out of bed. Mayo clinic suggested this and it has really helped.

I do drink pedialyte when I get sick ( also suggested by Mayo). Makes a huge difference if you have any digestive issues. I have have days that I can hardly get out of the bathroom (TMI - I know) but pedialyte had kept so many other POTS symptoms at bay.

Good luck to you!