Hot Spots And Purple Beds

Ashelton80

I am lying here today with a horrible sinus/upper respiratory infection due to allergies to the horrible ragweed counts in my area. Obviously I feel like crap, but there are a few other things I have noticed. My feet and hands are ice cold which is fairly normal for me, but it's like I have these hot spots in certain areas of my body. My neck, mid back and upper front thighs feel very feverish. It is so weird! Any one else experienced this before or know what is going on?

Also, when my POTS symptoms are really flared my toenail and fingernail beds are completely purple! Is this a circulation problem a blood problem or an oxygen or all of the above?

Wow I might be having the hot spots and the sinus issues here.

I just went out and came into contact with some weird smells that aggravated it worse.

First the gas station pew! And then that darn recyclers-it smells of some type of oil and sweet smell oh my. I was a mess.

I had to head straight home even though my errands weren't completed and on the way put some cold water on my head.

I felt myself getting a little floaty like with depersonalization on the way home.

I'm hoping to take a power nap and revive but I think I'm feeling you on the hot spot thing.

The nail bed thing I have noticed before.

I am not currently noticing it but have in the past-not sure what the source of that is.

Yes, I notice this especially when I'm feeling poorly (but I have the strange temperature sensations all the time). POTS is often associated with higher-than-normal levels of norepinephrine which constricts your peripheral blood vessels. One of my first POTS symptoms was frostbite (purple, painful and itchy toes and fingers). My body was producing excess norepi and the blood vessels in my feet overconstrict. I have to wear warm, 100% wool socks in cool weather although I did notice an outbreak of the frostbite with some chilblains this summer during a stressful period. While my hands and feet are freezing and achy, my torso and head often get flushed and red. Again, I just think this is from the diversion of blood from my periphery because of the high norepi levels. Along with these symptoms, I often get a headache and feel exhausted and overwhelmed.

My only way of treating this is to rest, drink fluids, avoid stress, and do mild exercise as tolerated.

FYI, this has just been my experience.