Allergies?

Ashelton80

So, I live in a place where people that have never had allergies in their life develop them. It is soooo bad and has been especially bad this year with all of the rain. I started sneezing last night and again this morning along with being stuffy. My heart rates have been so HIGH this morning. Just getting up is putting me at 135. Not normal. So I'm assuming this has something to do with the allergies. Why does this make the POTS stuff so much worse? Anyone know???

It's the histamine. Histamine is a vasodialator and it also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system...so you'll have more blood pooling and increased heart rates and antsy feelings. I've noticed in the past several years a definate pattern with my symptoms relating to allergies. I always have a horrible time in the spring...summer / fall is up and down and then in winter I tend to level out.

Have you tried any antihistamine treatments?

It's the histamine. Histamine is a vasodialator and it also stimulates the sympathetic nervous system...so you'll have more blood pooling and increased heart rates and antsy feelings. I've noticed in the past several years a definate pattern with my symptoms relating to allergies. I always have a horrible time in the spring...summer / fall is up and down and then in winter I tend to level out.

Have you tried any antihistamine treatments?

Thank you so much! I guess that makes sense because yes this morning when I tried to get out of the house I felt like I was on the verge of an anxiety attack the whole time. Just very jittery and not relaxed. I have taken zyrtec before so it's time to bring it out again.