Trying To Figure It Out - Possibilities (Can Anyone Chime In?)

OK. I have Arnold Chiari Malformation. I had surgery in 2004 and maybe in 2005 or 2006, my cardiologist was amazed, because I didn't have any more signs of POTS. That my brain regenerated and the pressure was relieved. So, I was enjoying being without POTS for years.

Possibility #1)

In June, I went on this diet that was low carb and low calorie and I messed up my whole system. I wasn't producing enough dopamine and because of that, I had insomnia and myoclonus. I've noticed that when I have ovulation, PMS, Period, I'm more anxious, moody, etc. And my hormones never bothered me before that. I never had PMS symptoms. I never knew where I was in my cycle (I stopped having my period a couple years ago because I had an ablation). So maybe it's possible that it created my POTS to come back again.

Possibility #2)

I am having some high pressure symptoms again. So it's possible that the high pressure is creating the POTS again.

Possibility #3)

I've been under a lot of stress since June. I'm wondering if anxiety/stress can be the sole cause of POTS coming back after being dormant for years.

Anyone want to chime in?

May I ask how old you are? I had never had PMS/hormonal issues before either, until they struck me out of the blue a couple of months ago. Very irritable, horrible cramps, nausea, my breasts became very hard and painful, too. Are you on birth control? Sometimes changing that can also help. My GYN has me taking pills for 3 months straight to help with these symptoms, only having a period every third month, and it seems to be helping.

I'm not sure about your other issues, but wish you luck!

May I ask how old you are? I had never had PMS/hormonal issues before either, until they struck me out of the blue a couple of months ago. Very irritable, horrible cramps, nausea, my breasts became very hard and painful, too. Are you on birth control? Sometimes changing that can also help. My GYN has me taking pills for 3 months straight to help with these symptoms, only having a period every third month, and it seems to be helping.

I'm not sure about your other issues, but wish you luck!

I'm 34. Sounds like me. I'm not on birth control. There's something about hormones and Chiari. The last time I was on them, I got horrible headaches. I guess it can add pressure. That's good. I'm going to ask her if there's anything I can do, because I'm not ever going to be pregnant and the ablation already took care of the period. That's lesser on my list of problems.

Thank you for the reply.