Sertraline

tilly

Hi i have recently heard that sertraline can be used for the treament of tachycardia has anyone else heard this, i wonder how it works to reduce the heart rate .. any information would be appreciated as i am going to ask my doctor to see if he wants me to give it a trial, i also have been having low periods, feeling emotionally fragile and thought this medication may help in both cases ... i have IST and so do suffer badley with the tahcy .... i have been having big rhythm disturbance for couple of weeks as mentioned in my last post ...

tilly

Sertraline=Zoloft= SSRI

The SSRIs have been of help to some patients. Interestingly, all the SSRIs and SNRIs (example Cyambalta), have tachycardia listed as a possible side effect. Some POTS and IST patients find improvement on these medications, so the only way to know for sure is to try and watch for improvement or worsening of symptoms. I believe they are hypothesized to work by re-equilabrating the autonomic nervous system. I don't think the researchers are absolutely sure why they work in some patients.