Record Breaking Heat - +100 Today And No Ac!

iheartcats

I'm so upset about an awful heat wave - no one ever told me it could get more than 100 degrees here! With no AC, I'm feeling just awful.

I'm drinking as much G2 as I can (and eating chips and cheese for salt/protein...it's all I can stand at the moment). I'm by a fan.

Just the dizziness and wooziness are terrible. :(

I'm about ready to stand in cold water but I don't know if that really helps. :angry:

V8 is a great source of both sodium and potassium. Be careful of potassium depletion.

Since you have a fan, make use of evaporative cooling. Living in the desert, it's mind-boggling how cool (cold?) 80 degrees can feel when the air is dry and there's a breeze. So, staying in the breeze of the fan, wet your skin with a cloth, or keep a damp cloth around your neck.

A quick shower one or more times a day just makes everything feel fresher.

And for sure don't try to do very much - or anything at all. There's a reason for all those siestas in hot climates.

Close every blind and curtain that you can to block out the sun.

Good luck and stay cool.

I would sit in a bath tub of cool water to lower your body temp. It really helps. Bring a magazine to read or set up a small TV near by and enjoy yourself. Put an umbrella in your G2 or V8 and imagine your bathroom floor is a beach.

This weather is truly dangerous.