Muscle Spasms Or Cramps

Does anyone else get sharp, stabbing pains in their muscles? Mine is mainly in the back region. It comes suddenly and then the muscle is tight and painful for days. I am not "doing" anything other than sitting when it happens.

Also, I tried to do some arm exercises to keep from deconditioning, but the next day I had such horrible stabbing muscle pain that I thought I was going to puke. Advil took care of it, but it felt so defeating.

Ideas?

Sorry you're having such a hard time with this Julie. I get the same sharp, cramping pains in my muscles when using or streching them. Also a day or two after using them my muscles feel like they've been hit with a baseball bat. The pain I have in my back starts after standing for too long, 20 or 30 minutes. Mine is connected with mitochondrial issues, I hope you can find some answers and relief for your pain.

Sorry you're having such a hard time with this Julie. I get the same sharp, cramping pains in my muscles when using or streching them. Also a day or two after using them my muscles feel like they've been hit with a baseball bat. The pain I have in my back starts after standing for too long, 20 or 30 minutes. Mine is connected with mitochondrial issues, I hope you can find some answers and relief for your pain.

Thanks. Okay, so does the same doctor that I will see for the dysautonomia treat the mitochondrial issues? How should I go about bringing that up with him? I see yours was diagnosed with muscle biopsy?

I had the muscle biopsy after many other tests, bring it up to your doctor as there can be many causes for your muscle soreness. My dysautonomia and muscle problems happen to have a mitochondrial root, as you read the forum you'll see there can be many primary problems causing both. That's why it's key to have a good team (or at least one) of doctors that understand dysautonomia and can work with you to find all of th fun things we have going on. :huh: