Heat Induced Muscle Weakness?

jem15

Typically I have a huge heat intolerance which worsens all of my usual symptoms (dizziness, faintness, nausea, fatigue etc). But sometimes, more recently I've been getting overall muscle weakness throughout my body too. Where I feel weaker than usual and my arms/legs feel heavy to lift and I feel the "burning" /tiring feeling, as if I'd be working out, but haven't, and it's just from like raising my arms, or lifting my leg to get up or something. Basically with the heat round 100 yesterday, even though i was indoors w/AC (just doesnt work that good), I felt so weak and floppy, and like i had all these weights on me anytime i had to move a muscle. I've had chest heaviness/pressure that's been worse too. Just wondering if it's part of the whole heat aggravating things.. even if I usually dont experience the muscle weakness to that level typically.

Sorry you have been having a bad time with the heat.

I get muscle weakness like that related to my fibro dx or at least that is what they have been telling me for 20 years. Mine flairs when the barometer is changing such as there is a storm front moving in.

FWIW, sometimes I "crash" in the heat. This means that I feel very weak, tired, unable or unwilling to talk or move or do anything. It may coincide with a narrow pulse pressure (in me), of 102/82. I took my BP to see what it showed when I was feeling this way, and the above is an example.

Possibly, this is my bodies' "poor response to stress". I was told I had this 6 years ago when they checked my adrenals after deliberately inducing stress (via lowered blood sugar), but who knows? I usually recover from these episodes. On occasion, I've ingested caffeine, either in a Coca Cola or chocolate, or drink a big cold drink with ice cubes, and they've all helped. Sometimes nothing helps but waiting it out and resting.

It's unfortunately part of the post-POTS "me".