Nervous And Feeling Bad

nmorgen

Hi,

For the last 3 days I haven't been feeling very well. I can't sleep. I keep waking up with a falling sensation or startled reaction. I haven't done that in years. I usually slepp so deep it's hard for me to wake up. My bp and hr are fine everytime I check them. In fact my pulse has been surprisingly low. I just feel really shakey and not right. I'm having muscle tremors, maybe this is what is causing this? I'm having a hard time concentrating and my emotions feel off. Like I just don't care about anything or anybody. I try to get on FB or the internet and I just feel too wired to read anything or respond. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm just not feeling good and I'm nervous b/c my husband will be out of town tomorrow. I didn't even remember that he was leaving until he reminded me last night. I would just be happy to go back to my normal POTs self, at least I know how to deal with that. Oh, I did do some weight training 2 days ago. I ended up very sore. Could this be causing my horrible symptoms?

I've had that hyper wired feeling lately too.

I did the screaming myself and jerking myself awake last week I think and I hadn't done that in probably at least 6 months.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty.

I think you are doing the right thing to try to occupy yourself with other things to take your mind off of it.

It could be that stress that's getting you for sure.

I've had that hyper wired feeling lately too.

I did the screaming myself and jerking myself awake last week I think and I hadn't done that in probably at least 6 months.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty.

I think you are doing the right thing to try to occupy yourself with other things to take your mind off of it.

It could be that stress that's getting you for sure.

My body doesn't really feel hyper,lol, I am so tired. It's my brain. My mind just is constantly going and I can't seem to focus or concentrate. The startled waking has been happening several times each night. When I've had them before my pulse or bp were always elevated. My pulse the last couple of nights with this waking have been fairly low in the 60 and my bp in the 105-100/60-70 range. I've noticed that my pulse today has been fairly low no going above 100 and my bp has been a little higher than I like. I'm wondering if my pulse might be dropping too low while I'm asleep. I'm def not taking the magnesium for a few days. I wish I had a hrm on hand.

nmorgan,

Yes, that is what is probably happening. Your BP is dropping. Because of this your heart speeds up to bring your BP up. You wake yourself up to bring your BP up. The magnesium lowers the BP. You've got it figured out. Because you haven't been sleeping that causes the brain fog and dizzies and that out of reality feeling. There is one other possiblity too, sleep apenea. It can go along with this. How do I know so much --- experienced the same issues and figured out the magnesium was making me worse. If I take it now it is in the day time when I'm up and my BP tends to be too high with standing. But, really don't take it that much any more. Found I felt better without the BP dropping so bad. Magnesium intensified the worst symptoms for me. Experiment and let us know if you get better without the magnesium. I also found out part of my issue with sleep was the apenea.

Thanks for all of the responses. I did sleep a little better last night. Not back to normal, but at least better. I did have a wicked nose bleed today though. I don't recall ever having a nosebleed. Maybe just another new symptom to add to my ever increasing POTs list. I'm ready for a "I feel normal" period. :blink: