Clif Shot Bloks

I haven't been on in awhile so someone may have already posted this, but I came across a little wonder product that I think helps control my POTS symptoms.

Clif (as in Clif Bars) Shot Bloks

These are gummy blocks that are easy on nausea (easier than some of the other solid products) and contain electrolytes and sodium. They are small and portable enough to throw in your bag and when I tried it, it seemed to work pretty well. Here is the rundown:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 3 pieces

Serv per Container: 2

Calories 90

Total Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 210mg

Potassium 20mg

Total Carb 24g

Dietary Fiber 0g

Sugars 12g

Protein 0g

Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Brown Rice Syrup Solids, Pectin, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Organic Sunflower Oil, Carauba Wax

Comes in different flavors, of note "Margarita" contains 3x the sodium of the other flavors.

I don't work for Clif or anyone like that. Just came across this product and gave it a try and it seemed to give me a good boost. I see a website on it:clifshot.com. I am glad to see that despite the recent trend of going low salt that there is a company that acknowledges that sodium is of benefit to the body and that there are some incidences where individuals will want to salt load in order to keep healthy.

Just thought I would share.

Kits

These sound interesting! Have you seen them in stores or just online?

Thanks for the info Kit!! :)

I found them at Harmons grocery store, but that is a local store. I wonder if you might find them at places that have extensive selections of power bars. Maybe a REI, Sportsman's Warehouse, or even Whole Foods, etc.

The price (this grocery store is horribly over priced) was $2. Could probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

Kits

These are excellent!

I use them too when I hike or doing more than the usual in terms of physical activity.

I used to bring sugar and salt packets with me when I hike, but I find these work better.

I have only found the Margarita flavor that has the extra sodium, but these taste quite good.

I think that they help to keep me hydrated some too which is good as I cannot stomach drinking too much water.

You can find these at many sporting good stores such as EMS, REI, Maybe Dicks etc. or online.

Jen