Any Pre-pots History Of Antidepressants?

sue1234

I started taking Pamelor like 20 years ago for anxiety/panic attacks. NOW, 20 years later I can almost say they were just low blood sugar for me. I bought a glucose meter a year ago and was surprised at how low my blood glucose goes. It brings on the exact symptoms I used to go to my GP for, calling it panic attacks. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, I took the antidepressant for about 8 years, then seemed to do okay without it. Then, when feeling that familiar anxiety again, I then got on Xanax for about 5 years. I weaned of of that(wasn't really that hard to wean off!), did okay for a couple of years, and the POTS hit. A few months into that, I was taking Xanax again to sleep.

I am just curious--did the antidepressants do something that got my norepinephrine levels so "sensitive" and seemingly over-reative? Just thinking....

I've often wondered what some of these medications can do to permanently alter the nervous system? Maybe, for some of us, these drugs do more harm than good? Though, obviously, some people can take them without any problem.

We're overly sensitive to medications anyway. Maybe, some med pushed us "over the edge" because of our predisposition to overreact....who knows?

Guest humanb4monitor

I had a few since 90 maybe? Pre-diagnosis. ALL severe chem sesitivites to them. Then during 2000's, they tried and tried because they refused to hear me but I kept it rare. Off a long time and was fine but my main WONDERFUL CHERUB of a primary care now has me on a baby does of something. We do not know if it is not working, too low dose or not enough time???

WE help more than drugs often times :P:P:)

Labs for adrenal and cortisol thanks to you all tomorrow.

(((PPlace))) :blink::blink:;)