What Is Electrolyte Water???

Guest humanb4monitor

Smart Water has electrolytes; Trader Joe's and Whole Foods (365) have water with electrolytes; I'm sure there are other brands too. That's what my son drinks. Too much sugar in Gartorade. One note: the electrolyte water does not have a substantial amount of sodium.

Nuun tablets and Camelbak Elixir are two good tablets you just drop into water and I think they taste better than Gatorade or G2. I initially used Nuun, but think the Elixir is better tasting. You can find them in REI shops or get them online. With the Elixir, you split the tablets in half for 16 ounces of water, so they're not too expensive. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jana

The TraceMinerals Research company makes electrolyte powder packets that are very low carb/calorie and taste great. You can order them online at any of the vitamin places.

And on really bad days when I need a big boost........Pedialyte or the cheap store version. Way more electrolytes than gatorade and there is some sugar/carbs, not much an entire liter only has 100 calories, but it's dextrose instead of sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

The Pedialyte even comes in little single serve envelopes now like crystal light.

Oh and another great thing to get your electrolytes back up is Coconut Water.