Frustrated.

Does any one else feel like every doctor ships them off to a different doctor? When I go to my primary doctor they say see the cardiologist, and then my cardiologist says to go to my primary care doctor. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm losing months of my life because I can't do anything. This is very frustrating to me.

I know they are trying hard to help me, but I'm so tired of stupid POTS. I'm only 20, and I just want to live like a normal person.

We did that vicious circle of docs with my son, from the gastro -to the neuro- to the cardio referred back to the gastro who referred my son to the psychologist.

Once we found the right POTS docs, we haven't taken him anywhere else. We don't use his pediatrician or anyone in town to treat him for his POTS. That has taken a lot of stress out of having to deal with this.

I am just wondering if they are referring you back and forth because they do not know how to help you. I do not know where you live, but I would recomend going on the dinet website list of doctors and see if you can find someone who is able to help you. I live in Va. but have been traveling (my family takes me) to Pa to see Dr Goodkin, a cardio who is experienced treating pots pts. Before that I was sent by pcp to a local cardio who had heard of pots and tried to help me, but did not have much experience with it. I am so glad to have gone to Dr Goodkin because he had the experience and truly understands pots. There was also some drs listed on the dinet website in Morgantown West Virginia, that wanted pts I believe and were conducting studies there. Keep looking and trying! I think that is the best hope to having improvement in day to day life. While I am not cured, I am some better. Don't give up hope.

Yeah when you first start down this journey, that's what it feels like. Every doctor just tries to wipe their hands clean of your issues by telling you to go to another doctor for symptoms x, y, z. Then you get that new doctor and he tells you to go to another doctor for symptoms x and z. =/

Honestly I still feel that way at times.