So Very Tired All The Time

Hello everybody, just wondering if anybody can give me an advice. For the past 4 - 6 months i have been feeling so very tired. When i have to get up for work in the mornings i feel as if i was hit by a bus and the sleepiness stays with me for the entire morning and sometimes the whole day. Due to all my other symptoms i allready have to stick to a very tight routine in order to get through my workday more or less ok but this tiredness on top of all the other stuff is really bad. It feels as if i hadnt slept at all. Now i always go to bed at 9.30 at nights and my alarmclock wakes me up at 5.30 in the morning (thats 8 hours sleep), I cant stop yawning and my eyes and face feels swollen up even though it isnt. If i dont keep moving my legs under my desk, it feels as if my body wants to go into a sleep modus and at the same time my POTS symptoms increase big time because of the tiredness. The only medication i have changed within the last 7 months is that iam taking an H1 blocker (60 mg Fexofenadin) every evening. I had to take it because we thought that i might have histamine intolerance because of a major attack due to eating shrimps. My doctor adviced me a few weeks ago to try to come off the H1 Blocker and see if it makes me feel better. I dont really know what to do now because at first i thought that the H1 Blocker made me feel better but now iam not sure anymore. What do you all think? Has anybody else experienced something like that with such a tiny dosis before? Does it make sense to take the H1 blocker only if needed (like after an reaction of some kind of food ect.? ) or does it have to stay in your blood stream all the time to work properly? By the way, i dont have any allergies i know off. Thanks a lot for your help. carinara

I had a similar problem and the H1 I tried made me feel loopy.

Even at an extremely low dose it was having what I felt were CNS effects for me and when I tried a Xanax on top of it it was an absolute nightmare.

I hate to tell you to come off of it all together and have you experience another severe reaction.

My sensitivity seems to be garlic and onions so for now I am just avoiding those foods which actually is making eating a bit difficult for me. I love my salads loaded up with salad dressing and it does contain both onion and garlic.

I do carry Benadryl liquid with me in case I would have another histamine response.

I think finding that key to what helps us and what doesn't is a difficult one.

My blood pressures are low with the warm weather it seems to be making them a bit lower so I a fearful of anything at all that has a hypotensive effect.

I've wondered if that is my problem too since I just seem to crash out of the blue.

But I'm not sure of anyone that test for it around here.

They did say my levels were normal at Cleveland Clinic but maybe I was just having a good day.

I don't think adrenal support would really hurt would it?

Did you have a high norepinephrine level train boys?

Did you have catecholmines tested?

And are you on the acetyl L carnitine that rama was telling us about last night?

I've wondered if that is my problem too since I just seem to crash out of the blue.

But I'm not sure of anyone that test for it around here.

They did say my levels were normal at Cleveland Clinic but maybe I was just having a good day.

I don't think adrenal support would really hurt would it?

Did you have a high norepinephrine level train boys?

Did you have catecholmines tested?

And are you on the acetyl L carnitine that rama was telling us about last night?

Lieze- I did have the norepi and catecholmines tested when they thought I had a pheo tumor but they were pretty normal. The supplement for adrenals that I am taking is called Cytozyme AD. It has been helping along with getting some hormones back in my system. It is my belief that some of us women can go through hormone withdrawl and have very little or no real trouble because the adrenal glands also produce those hormones so that is why you can survive when your body decides to go into menopause. BUT if you are ANS troubled and then that happens I think it can really throw you off. Someone on the forum quoted Dr. Grubb as saying that menopause is in itself a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system. If you look at my numbers it's easy to see why it was so horrible...it was beyond pathetic! I really hope this is the root cause of my dysautonomia and that I will soon be somewhat back to normal. I strongly suggest having your saliva hormone levels checked even if you are not at the age where you think you should! :)

KC

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you all know, that i stopped taking the H1 blocker 2 weeks ago and i must say, that the intensive tiredness that stayed with me for the past few months, is gone again thank god. I plan on taking them only if needed now. Its so strange because when i first took them last november they seemed to help and after a few months they seemed to make me worse. I noticed that kind of reaction to other medication as well in the past. First the medication seems to help then i start feeling worse again but dont make the connection to the medication and then after many months or years i stop them and i discover that i feel a lot better until the next flare up arrives. Then i have to take something again that might help at first... weired.

I view the situation as follows:

the medicine is helpful I feel better my body "adjusts" I'm back to square one

It's almost as if my body does not want to remain feeling better. It's a nuisance. I stay on all my histamine inhibiters because of allergies, but I must say, every pill can have its side effects.

Guest humanb4monitor

I am more tired than ever ever ever ever in my "older than dirt" life. Barele fuctioning and it breaks my heart. I read about all this stuff people take and don't take and most of it I have never heard of. :o

I am having my adrenals and cortisol labs done next wk. Plus of course...I am so sad that I believe this surgery kicked my butt!

Bad kick :(

I believe that the best thing for "my tireds" wil be happiness IF I ever see it again.

(((forum folk)))

Good Luck to you and I hope you keep feeling better.

Always check Potass. and THYROID levels.

NO ONE who has never exp. severe exhaustion has NO idea what they have and what they could lose by it.