Drinking Lots Before Bed

I dont usually drink lots before bed because I would need the toilet all night.

However last night I was really very thirsty and drunk 4 glasses of fluids just before bed.

I woke this morning and had a NORMAL day , no dizziness , no palpatations, just Normal.

So this has got me thinking , I know I am supposed to increase my fluids but maybe the most important

time to increase the fluids is just before bed , so we dont dehydrate overnight .

Any thoughts on this ?

I dont usually drink lots before bed because I would need the toilet all night.

However last night I was really very thirsty and drunk 4 glasses of fluids just before bed.

I woke this morning and had a NORMAL day , no dizziness , no palpatations, just Normal.

So this has got me thinking , I know I am supposed to increase my fluids but maybe the most important

time to increase the fluids is just before bed , so we dont dehydrate overnight .

Any thoughts on this ?

It is going to depend. We have to drink at least half our body weight in ounces (i.e. 150 lbs = 75 ozs.) Obviously you were low or would not have felt thirst. I don't think it would work all the time, though. Other times your sleep will be interrupted by potty jogs.

Other times your sleep will be interrupted by potty jogs.

:unsure: Yes, my night sleep would be over after the first "potty jog"! I have tried eating something salty at bedtime. That seems to help me not to dehydrate so much overnight, and feel better in the morning.

I drink tons when I go to bed or I have a horrible day the next day.

And yes, that means getting up and going to the bathroom a lot. I drink a glass of water every time I get up at night.

When I have tried to limit my bedtime intake or during the night, I sleep better but feel horrible the next day.

It doesn't work spacing it out throughout the day for you? My symptoms vary wildly so forgive my asking - I honestly have no idea.

I can go from needing to use the ladies room every 20 minutes to becoming a camel and not going for 5 hours all while consuming the same 84 to 90 ounces of water daily. It obviously makes planning difficult.