Tachycardia And Extreme Dizziness Upon Awaking

Nikki

As soon as I woke up this morning the room felt like it was spinning so I took my blood pressure and it was 136/97 and my heart rate was 119. I also felt very shaky and any head movement made the dizziness worse especially looking down and when I stand up almost immediately I feel like I am going to pass out. I took half of a 5 mg pindolol hoping it would lower my heart rate which it did, right now my blood pressure is 103/64 and 74 beats per minute but any movement is still making me extremely dizzy and still can not stand. I am waiting on a return call from my doctor but was wondering if any one else has experienced something like this. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I always wake to an adrenaline surge and my heart races.

I don't necessarily feel the dizziness but cannot hop right out of bed.

I have to get my bearings first.

It was someone here on this site that explained the adrenaline surge when awakening.

I guess I have experienced this since having chicken pox Dec of 09.

I really don't want any more viruses that affect the central nervous system-please!

Let us know what you fine out.

lieze

Hi,

I'm new here and although I haven't got a diagnosis I can relate to what you are saying.

Quite often I will wake up feeling extremely dizzy with my heart racing. I wake up in the middle of the night with it and can feel extremely nauseous and sweating with it, or I can wake up first thing in the morning with it. When I take my blood pressure its around 74/42, when these bouts happen. My heart rate can be 104 -120. But it always makes me feel rubbish and this dizzy feeling may stay all day or may go after a few hours.

All I can say is that these symptoms suck, but at least I know Im not the only one with them now I have found this forum.

Rach