Now I Have Type 2 Diabetes - Will It Ever Stop?

I have recently been diagnosed with POTS and NCS as well as a couple of blood clotting disorders (predisposing me to clots), hypertension and today type 2 diabetes.

I don't get it. Three months ago my doc gave me clean bill of health (with the exception of high cholesterol). Now everthing is going to h--- in a handbasket not to mention the onset of anxiety (which I NEVER had before).

Why is everything hitting at once? I WAS a healthy 48 year old (a bit overweight) but active.

Could it be perimenopause? This is crazy. One step forward, 3 back. I feel the urge to throw in the towel. Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

So I went to an Endo. My 3 hour glucose test showed high fasting and glucose intolerance, but just a hair below diabetic. They still put me on diabetic meds.

They also gave me a glucose monitor. I thought I'd use it a few days before taking the drugs.

EVERY time I checked my levels (fasting or after meals) they were completely NORMAL. Then, I happened to take it after I took my bb. My levels spiked for 2 hours from 30-50 points. When I had my 3 hour glucose test I had JUST taken my bb (while in the waiting room).

Now I have to find out if I should take Metformin(diabetes med) to counter-act the pots meds. Sigh.